Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sheets

I overheated last night and almost threw up. Luckily, I didn't have school today because I needed the recovery time. I spent last night cooling off and trying to get some sleep. I filled my tub partway and sat in the water half asleep wondering if it would ever cool off this summer.

Finally, around 6:00 today the clouds literally burst. It was a light show as well as a downpour. The clouds were battlling like charioteers in Roman times, throwing their shafts of light like arrows. (Poetic eh) The wind blew the water until you couldn't really see individual droplets. My neighbors and I stood under our eaves watching the rain. It was so beautiful I almost cried. We finally had some rain.

Well, my hubby was playing ultimate frisbee in the rain. He came home with grass stuck to his face. I don't even want to look at his socks. I guess he had fun though.

1 comment:

Egenmay said...

I did laundry the next day and the socks stank, but were not that bad.