Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Vegetarian's Day!

Today is the day where we celebrate all things vegetarian. I'm not one myself, but I try to keep my food in the shape of a pyramid rather than a tower. I think I'll celebrate by making something with tofu.

For those who hate vegetarians, there was a bumpersticker I saw the other day that said, "Save a cow, eat a vegetarian."


Little known facts about Vegetarian Day and Vegetarians.

1. It is Captain Vegetable's favorite day.

2. It is today.

3. 45% of vegetarians eat vegetables. (So does the other 55%.)

4. Many vegans are fooled when first introduced to eggplant.

5. Today Only. You too can become a vegetarian for a low price of $19.99.

6. Vegetarian Day was started by the cattle industry as a joke.

7. Vegetarian Day was started by vegetarians as a joke.

8. MSG, a popular ingredient in recipes was thought to cause vegetarianism in Asian people.

9. Vegetables, are really fruit with all of the sugar taken out.

10. Hummus and humus are really the same thing. You can spread both on a cracker and a garden with the same results.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Thanks for telling me. I will have to go send my sister well-wishes!