Thursday, October 04, 2007

Modesty

I had a talk with the baby about modesty the other day. She responded by kicking me even more so my belly popped out from under my shirt.

In other words, my clothes don't fit anymore. Even my maternity ones. Pants fall down and shirts come up. Dresses can't go over the wiggly lump.

On a happier note, I went to a visiting teaching workshop last night and we played Visiting Teaching Jeopardy. One easy question was put to the other team, "Who do you represent when you go visiting teaching?" (Jesus is the answer.) I turned to my friend who was sitting next to me and said, "Well, it's not the IRS". Unfortunately, I was the only one talking at the time and everyone heard me. Har har har. I was red in the face. Big mouth.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That means she is about ready to come. I think you have to outgrow all the clothes you never thought you would grow into before the baby can be born.

More than once I came out of the bathroom at church and someone (thankfully) pulled my shirt down over my belly because I flipped it up and then accidently left it that way. I can't wait to hear about your daughters birth!

Amelia said...

Speaking of pregnancy clothes and visiting teaching...when I was pregnant with Hyrum I went VT and as I was leaving, I looked down and noticed my zipper was undone (I was still wearing normal pants and usually walked around the house with my pants unzipped.) I don't know if I walked in there with them that way, or if they gradually came unzipped, but either way, it was embarrassing. Hooray for extra large tshirts and sweats!