Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Last Week in Logan

The last drive through the canyon. (As a resident.)
The last walk to the library and back.
The last wonderfully cool evenings.
The last free bus ride.
The last cross country skiing expedition to Jardine Juniper.
The last jog to the water lab down the canal trail.
The last feeding the ducks at first dam.
The last free bread samples for me at Lee's Marketplace.
The last free sucker for Liz at Lee's Marketplace.
The last squeaky cheese from Gossners.
The last frisbee thrown on the Quad.
The last Sunday walk down 500 East.

The first step to a new life.
The first meeting with new friends.
The first exploration of a new world.
The first testing of new things.
The first building up of new communities.
The first camping in new canyons.
The first of living life where you are living.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Even though I have never done any of those things... reading your list brought back so many memories for me! It is so bittersweet to leave college life behind. Every Fall since we left Provo, I have had a flood of memories come back! I wonder if you will feel that way too when the leaves start turning colors.

Congrats on the job and we wish you all the best in your next adventure!

Ecologista said...

*Sigh* *Sniffle* I know exactly how you feel. Only I think you have certainly lived life more fully than I - but I'm working on getting better. Yay on a new beginning! Hope to see you all sometime ; )

Lacey Lu said...

Well, as fun of a thought as that would be for you to be living where I am living, I'm sorry to say there's no canyons here to go campin' in...jk ;-)
I didn't know you guys were moving...I'm outta the loop here lol. Nice poem by-the-way! ;-)

Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!

Don and Becky Larson said...

You make me want to move back to Cache Valley right now. Life if sure full of changes. We hope you find joy in your new experiences.
Love Ya,
Mom and Dad

Katrina said...

Hey! I've been thinking about you guys lately, wondering how you're doing, and then I found your blog through Amy Smith's. Remember Kirk and I? (We have a blog too; if you're interested, email me at musicpoet at gmail dot com for an invitation!) I didn't realize you like to write so much--reminds me of myself. :) Good luck in your journey to the next place! Leaving Logan was bittersweet for us too (five years ago--crazy!).