Sunday, June 07, 2009

Fiesta Breakfast

My mom makes this delicious breakfast that is like a cobbler only better for you. (I think.) Anyway, I hadn't made it in a while and decided that Saturday would be a great day to make it. So, I got out all of my ingredients. When I reached for the cinnamon, I had to pull the Taco Seasoning out of the way, which, by the way, looks exactly like the cinnamon bottle. Thinking nothing of it, I added two huge tablespoons of "cinnamon" to the breakfast cake. I thought it was odd that the kitchen smelled a little spicy. It didn't smell like cinnamon breakfast cake. Then, I noticed that the Taco Seasoning was still out. The cake looked wonderful, but tasted horrible. So we had cereal.

I'm going to try again on Tuesday. Pray for my family.

6 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome!! I can't tell you how often I do the same thing. You are lovely.

Ecologista said...

LOL! We know how that goes!

Merlyn decided to "adjust" a certain recipe out of our new allergy-free cookbooks and well, it sort-of tasted okay, but not really and looked awful..... not the first time and of course never the last!

Lesley said...

That is so funny! I don't think I will be trying Fiesta Breakfast anytime soon. Or ever. What a great story!

Amelia said...

Haha, Megan, that is too funny!

Dr. Genevieve Ford said...

That's funny, but disappointing. It might go down in family history like Dad's turnip pie. I had a friend use baking soda instead of cornstarch once in some spaghetti sauce she was trying to thicken. Nasty.

Lacey Lu said...

Megar...Hi!! I'm in Blanding til July 5th, if by chance you find yourself in town, maybe we could get together or something??

Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!