Thursday, December 20, 2007

Link by link or drop by drop?

God bless us, everyone.

(I just finished watching the Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.)

This year has been a year of all kinds of emotions. I've found deep joy in my professional life, and also my home life. Yet it has been one of the most challenging years as well.

I've gotten to travel a lot, and that is fullfilling to me. In May we took a giant graduation trip to California and hit a few National Parks on the way back. We went to the beach, Disneyland, Mohave National Preserve, Grand Canyon, (camped in the middle of nowhere near Jacob Lake), Zion National Park, (camped in the middle of nowhere near Bryce National Park), and Bryce. For my project I've been throughout Arches. When my project changed to Canyonlands I explored a large part of the Needles District (while pretty pregnant).

The hardest part of having a baby is the reduced mobility. I feel an invisible leash of guilt whenever I go anywhere for long.

My family has done very well. My hubby continues to find more and more ways of making himself feel secure of his ability to support us. He excels in school and ultimate frisby and is even getting pretty good at the stock trade. Liz has learned a lot from her daddy. She just learned to blow spit bubbles.

Liz has grown (as expected) in two months. She talks to us in her two syllable language and is starting to get enough muscle in her neck to hold it up by herself.

So, even though this blog isn't suppposed to be a newsletter, I thought I would put some year's end summary for those who really don't have much else to do. Have a positive, bright, wonderous, killer Christmas (killer?). Oh, and enjoy your egg nog.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Egg Nog (think Homer Simpson and donuts).

Kabaju said...

How am I supposed to enjoy my eggnog after a comment like that?

Have a very merry Christmas (and stop by my blog if you haven't been by lately :)