Sunday, April 19, 2009

The New New New New... New Post

Hi,

I was on a blog vacation.


Liz has grown some more and we have had many good times. For example, this is what happened today after church.

Liz was doing her usual running around crazy and while we wait for dad routine and another little girl appeared and they played for a while. When the other little girl was about to leave, I said, "Liz, give her a hug." Liz turned around and pressed her back into her and then looked at me with a confused expression. I guess she thinks a hug involves being held in someone else's arms. We're going to work on that.

Liz liked a library book called, "Up, Up, Up". This book was about a hippo which climbed a ladder and then had to be helped back down by a weasel. Anyway, she was playing with her magnetic letters in the kitchen and then came up to me saying, "Up". I asked her, "Do you want up?" She held two of the letters to me and said, "Up". The letters were of course a U and a P.

Oh, and at her 18 month appointment we finally made it out of the 1st percentile club. Now we are in the 3 percentile club. (We are finally over 20 pounds!) Liz just likes to eat all of the non-fatty stuff on her plate. I can give her a bowl of ice cream and she'll eat the strawberries off the top and leave the ice cream. Oh well, as long as she eats what she needs.

Anybody have tips on what to do if their child likes to run away when you say "come here"?

Josh completed the grueling master's defense. I was proud of him. He impressed me and I had already heard his presentation. We are still searching for a job, but one is very very promising. I don't want to gossip about it any more than I already have, so I'll tell you more if we nab it.

Josh's knee had some trouble some months past and he hasn't been able to run on it. He really misses frisbee, but still plays on Saturdays with a group at the park. Only he walks across the field rather than running. I makes me sad for him. I keep encouraging him to do his PT.

He also just handed me two fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies, so allow me to pause in my narrative a moment...

Ahhh.


As for Myself, I'm still editing my story. I've been stymied by the fact that I haven't balanced my dishes doing time with my story writing time yet. I really only have about ten chapters left to edit though. I hope you hard core fantasy readers out there will like it. It is heavy on the fantasy, sorry Katie.

I've also been toying with the idea of becoming a personal trainer. I don't know enough yet, but it sounds appealing to me. I like to encourage people to work out and eat right. I also like watching, "The Biggest Loser" for tips. It's the only show I like right now. I watch it on Hulu.com, which plays it a week after the show airs, so don't give away anything that happens to me!

Well, if I'm going to have a nap today I'd best be off.

Allons-y

5 comments:

Don and Becky Larson said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting. We love you.

Tori said...

You can be my personal trainer. I need someone to motivate me. Oh and kids at Liz's age think it's funny to run away from you. It can be scary.

Lesley said...

There is a lot going on over there! Thanks for the update.

Liz is such a smarty pants! I am impressed that she could identify those letters in particular -- U looks like "n" and kinda like "c" and even "w". And P looks like "q" and probably some others. Anyway, Ian hasn't learned any letters yet and I am very impressed with Liz's ability. Maybe she will be a writer like her Mama.

Way to go Josh! We are excited to hear more. Hope your knee is better soon.

I especially like that your post ended in French. Bien fait!

Sarah said...

Yay for Liz! And I am very impressed with the "Up". That is totally cool! She'll be reading in no time. (My brother started to read at 3, so I know it's possible!) You are such a good example to me with you reading to Liz all the time. Way to go!
Miss ya.

Dr. Genevieve Ford said...

Megan! Congrats! Sounds like you made the right choice to focus on what you really love. I'm impressed with how far you've come on your story. Do you have a title-in-progress? Liz is a smart girl. I wish we could be there to give her hugs!