Monday, June 23, 2008

News and stuff

Hi peoples.





I haven't posted in a while, but that's ok. I'm sure you will survive.
Plenty has happened in the time that I haven't written. Here are ten things.

1. Liz has grown bigger and has started eating more. Hopefully the next time we go to the doctor she won't be down in the 7th percentile for weight.





2. Josh has gotten into a company that helps people get out of debt. It's called Primerica. It's been pretty good for him. He's always enjoyed numbers. He has to practice on people, so you might get a phone call. Or you could call us if you're interested. They do sell life insurance, mutal funds, etc, but that's not really their primary interest in talking to people.





3. I got some of these...

and my gums look like cheese. I'll have them on for about 18 months, so chances are that you'll see me with them before I get them off. Then I get to wear a retainer every night. The orthodontist says that part of the problem was because I have a strong muscle in my lower lip. I guess I give it enough exercise! (chuckles)

Let's see, what else has happened...

4. I'm probably going to go to a part time student for a while because...

5. stress and other things has been too much for me last semester. After I had Liz, I had a tough winter. I went to a depression screening at school and was diagnosed with severe depression. Luckily, our school has therapists who were able to help me with it. I found out the hard way how our chemistry effects us.

Oh, that reminds me. I was going to upload some info I got from my councilor. I suspect others could benefit from it as well. I'll write that on my "to do" list for this week.

Ok, now I'm just babbling. Um... oh yeah, so I've had a few embarrassing breakdowns (Katie has been present for one of them), but I'm doing better. Sunshine helps, sleep helps (har har) and it also helps that I've begun to reassess my goals in life.

6. What else... Genny got me hooked on Dr. Who. Thank you Genny. (Luckily, our library has them on dvd!)

7. Hmmm... I'm getting low on news. Um... oh yeah, our landlord/landlady still hasn't written us up a new contract. We've been living here for a month without any contract. I don't know what that means, but we'll still pay our rent.

8. Liz keeps getting her feet caught in the slats of her crib and waking up crying. Anyone know where I can find just the crib bumper without having to buy the entire blanket-sheet-n'everything set?

9. I got a new video game by trading in some older ones that we never played. It's not a newly released game, but new to me. The new game is called Marvel Ultimate Alliance. You get to play as a group of superheros. (Only Marvel characters.) The fun thing about it is that you get to pick which characters you want on your team. My team has Spiderman, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Storm. Josh had Wolverine, Spiderman, Ms. Marvel, and Thor. We go around saving the day.

10. Ok, so that last one meant I was running low on ideas. I don't have anything new for this one.

The End.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

PS:

I don't get what #3 is about. Braces? Please elaborate.

Tori said...

I have a bumper pad you can use. Now we just need to figure out how to get it to you. Megan, I just want to let you know that you Rock. O.k. Now I've got that off my chest. Liz is so cute. She gets that from you. Thanks for the pictures.

Tori said...

Oh and why did you get braces?

Katie said...

Good news Megan! Bumper, yes.
Depression, you not the only one.
Probably genetic :) No embarrassment. Only people who understand and love you. You need some camping time too! Love you.

Katie said...

weird. did you delete my comment or did it not get posted?
I have a bumper. It is very pink and girly but we could recover it for you if you want. um. . . what else did I say? Don't worry about the depression. You are by far not the only one to deal with it. But you have much more going on in your life than most of us do too.
Find something you love to do and do it everyweek. Even if it is a half hour walk (BY YOURSELF!!! or with a friend). It will help a ton. Also calling your sisters to tell them how overwhelmed you are helps too! :) hint hint. love you. you are a great mom.

Dr. Genevieve Ford said...

Love the list. I always like to hear what's up with you.

Cool, braces! Advil was my friend on the days they tightened my braces, but I would rather do that than have a mold made of my mouth. Good luck with the pink plastic goo. It isn't sentient, so you've got an advantage. Just don't look it in the eyes it hasn't got. You're lucky that it is only 18 months. That's long enough to make you appreciate bubble gum and corn ON the cob, but not too long so that you can't take it any more and start sneaking caramel apples. (You could probably eat them cut up anyway if you sucked the caramel first!)

Did you see the latest episode of series 4 yet? Rose is back and as the writer/director says, "she's on the hunt." It was brilliant!

I didn't realize that Liz was small. She seemed like a healthy, strong, happy, normal baby when I saw her. And she has a wonderful mother. I'm sure she's doing really well.

I think you are wise in your choices about school. Do it on your schedule, not theirs, right? Anyway, we love your guts. Kiss the baby for us and give Josh a high five for me.

Maria said...

I am just a couple of blocks away. If you ever need anything please call and I am a good babysitter so if you guys need a break let me know. I also love the pictures. Liz is adorable.

Don and Becky Larson said...

We loved your blog news and the pictures. Love Ya, Mom