Thursday, March 20, 2008

A post about...

Relativity.

Things go so slow when you have little to do, but when you actually are doing things, you don't have any more time! What about when you have things to do, but just don't do them?

Adsorption

My teacher is really funny. He was talking about the difference between aBsorption and aDsorption and he explained it like this. ABsorption is like when you eat a hamburger. You injest it. ADsorption is like when you slap a hamburger on your forehead.

Sleep Rotation

Did you ever inexplicably rotate around in your bed when you were young? Isn't it disorienting to wake up and things are familiar, but really different? I haven't experienced this in years, but my daughter turned perpendicular in her bed the other night and made some really odd noises when she woke up.

Multiple Shadows

Have you ever looked at your shadow and seen more than one? What causes this? Is it because of more than one light source? I wonder what Mr. Barrie would have wrote if he was interested in this too. A shadow mofia? Shadow tag? You could have parties with yourself and a light bulb.

Neighbor's Baby Monitor

I went into my baby's room after hearing her cry a few nights ago. It was strange because she was sound asleep and the baby on the monitor was pretty upset. I then realized that it wasn't my baby on the monitor. (Brilliant!) So, I changed the little button from B to A. Now all of a sudden, my baby doesn't wake up three times a night, she only wakes up once. (You thought I was going to say that I heard something I shouldn't have, didn't you...)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Your posts are always so funny. Ian has 'sleep rotationitis" too. Tell Liz Ian says HI.

And I loved your Ether jokes. I need to go find someone to tell them to.

Katie said...

The baby monitor thing hasn't even worried me for years until we moved here. Now I don't worry so much about other baby noises, just what others might hear on mine! Oh, Curtis got Rachael to sleep through the night by turning off the baby monitor one night without telling me. She actually woke up but without me hearing her she went back to sleep and slept contentedly every night afterwards.