Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Parenting workshop

My significant other and I went to a parenting seminar the other day. We learned about discipline and communication in two seperate workshops and then attended a Q & A session with a panel of behavior "experts". (A professor, two master students, and a dad) The best thing I learned was in the communication workshop. We talked about discussing your "Happy" and your "Challenge" at the end of the day. We did it with our partners at the workshop and it made me realize how much I needed to really listen when I ask Josh about his day. Sometimes I just say it just because, but I really need be an active listener.


Marathon Update. I was able to alternate between a walk and a jog and am now regularly walking up "the hill" every day at least once.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I love going to workshops like that!

Way to go on the marathon prep!

Amelia said...

Whew...that hill is enough workout for anyone. Sounds like a fun workshop. I think we can all work on listening to our spouses better. I know Tyler and I space each other out all the time because we try to do other things and listen at the same time. Gotta work on that.